Returner/Readmit Student Checklist
Welcome back to Coker! The following checklist will help make sure you have a smooth transition back to campus:
MOVE-IN (RESIDENTS ONLY)
Details about move-in for returning students will be sent to your Coker email from the Office of Residence Life. Be sure to check your Coker email regularly!
TAKE CARE OF YOUR STUDENT ACCOUNT
Student account statements will be uploaded to your Webadvisor account. Please note that account statements are NOT mailed but can be viewed by logging into Webadvisor and clicking on “My Account Statement” located within the “Financial Information” section.
Balances should be paid by January 5, 2022.
Students can pay the bill online via Webadvisor or by check made out to Coker University and directed to the Office of Student Accounts.
Students are also required to complete the Financial Student Responsibility and Contact Consent Form before attending check-in. You will find that form here.
Please direct any questions concerning your account statement to Student Accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 843-383-8026.
COMPLETE THE HOUSING AGREEMENT (RESIDENTIAL READMITS ONLY)
Coker University is a residential campus. Coker provides residential facilities for the housing needs of our traditional full-time day students (<=23 years of age). On-campus housing is required. Students may apply to live off-campus if they meet one of the following requirements: the student lives in the local area (30 mile radius) with a parent, spouse or legal guardian; is a senior (90+ credit hours); or is 22 years of age.
All residential students must complete the Housing Agreement.
Room and roommate assignments are sent to your Coker University email in mid-July from the Office of Residence Life.
You may like to check out these other links:
SUBMIT YOUR IMMUNIZATION RECORDS (First-time residential students only)
All first-time residential students must submit updated immunization records. Guidelines on submitting immunizations records can be accessed here.
REGISTER YOUR VEHICLE AND GET YOUR PARKING TAG
Students who have a car on campus will need to register this vehicle and display a parking decal on the car. Your parking decal will be available at check-in or after that in the Campus Safety Office after you have submitted the online form.
Please complete the online registration form before you arrive on campus. The Vehicle Registration Form can be found here. Once you arrive to campus, you can pick-up your parking decal in the Campus Safety Office located at 311 East Carolina Avenue.
Additional information on parking regulations and parking maps can be found here.
WEAR YOUR MASK
At this time, Coker is a “Wear a Mask Campus.” All faculty, staff, students, visitors, and vendors are required to wear masks. Masks must cover your nose and mouth. This policy is in effect in outdoor spaces as well as indoor spaces, and includes Kalmia Gardens. Coker’s mask policy is subject to change. Please continue to check your Coker email for additional information from your Student Success Coach and/or the Office of Residence Life. For more information on Coker’s response to COVID-19, please click here.
COMPLETE YOUR ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT DOCUMENTS (STUDENT-ATHLETES ONLY)
Student-athletes should click here for the athletic department’s specific medical information required for participating in athletics.
CHECK YOUR COKER EMAIL ACCOUNT
All Coker University students, faculty and staff have a Coker email address. Your email address is essential to receive communication from Coker University.
- If you are a readmit residential student, you must use your Coker email address in order to receive your room assignment in the summer.
To log into Coker email, go to http://mail.coker.edu.
If you need assistance logging into your account, please call our IT support line at 843.383.8323 (Monday-Friday 8:30am- 5:00pm). IT will need to verify your information so that we can help you with any questions or issues you may have while trying to access your account.
ADVISING & REGISTERING FOR CLASSES
If you need to make schedule changes, please contact your faculty advisor or Student Success Coach directly.
LEARN ABOUT STUDENT SERVICES & RESOURCES
- Center for Diversity Interfaith and Inclusion Education: The mission of the Center for Diversity Interfaith and Inclusion Education is to create a more inclusive campus where everyone feels welcomed, safe and respected. In pursuit of a more inclusive campus we provide: Training (LGBTQIA+ Safe Zone) & a Diversity Leadership Retreat, etc.; Sponsor and Co-sponsor programming such as speakers and panels for diversity topics and designated holidays or monthly recognitions (i.e. Black History and Women’s History Month); Work with student organizations, faculty and staff to plan and collaborate on cultural trips (SC Pride Festival, Museum Visits, Historical Sites, and culturally relevant movie/discussion night). For more information, click here.
- Center for Health & Wellness: Operated in partnership with Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center and MUSC TeleHealth, the Center for Health & Wellness provides convenient access to healthcare professionals, prescription services, select over-the-counter medications, first aid, immunizations, labwork, and mental health counselors. For more information about the Center for Health & Wellness, please click here.
- Dining Services: Coker University partners with Sodexo to provide food service for the campus community. Residential students are required to participate in one of two equally priced meal plan options: 21 meals/week with $125 in CobraCash or 14 meals/week with $250 CobraCash. Initial meal plan selections are made as a part of the Housing Agreement process. Changes to your meal plan may be made prior to drop/add. Commuter students may choose to participate in a competitively priced meal plan or pay cash at any location. To learn more about our dining options, click here.
- Laundry Facilities: All residential students have unlimited access to laundry machines. Washers and dryers are available in each residence hall. There is no additional charge for laundry service. Visit www.laundryview.com from any on-campus computer for real-time updates on machine availability.
- Campus Communication: All students are provided with a Coker email account and a campus mailbox. Campus mail and email are considered official means of communication for the College and are the primary methods used by faculty and staff to disseminate information to our students. As a Coker student, it is your responsibility to check both your campus mailbox and student email account regularly. Failure to read college communications sent via campus mailbox or email does not absolve you from complying with the content of these communications.
- Campus Technology: Each residential student is provided 24 hour access to our computer network through wireless and ethernet port access points. The College also offers 60+ cable television stations from Time Warner Cable Television, including Striker Cinema Channel 2. Wireless internet is available across campus.
- Trans4mations: At Coker University, we believe that the right college education is a truly transformative experience. That’s why we created Trans4mations. Throughout your four years at Coker, Trans4mations guides you through a personalized sequence of curricular and co-curricular experiences designed to help you discover your best self. For more information, click here.
- Career Development: Career Development resources are located in the Student Success Center to assist students with resume writing, graduate school selection, major selection, interest inventories, and many other services. For more information, click here.
- Personal Property Insurance: Coker is not responsible for loss or damage of students’ personal property; therefore, the College highly recommends students consider securing personal property insurance for their belongings. Coverage may be offered through your homeowner’s or an additional policy obtained through your insurance provider. Additionally, you may consider a policy issued from a third-party vendor, National Student Services, Inc. (www.NSSI.com)
- Coker Store: The Coker Store offers a variety of textbook purchasing options – new, used, rental and digital. The price comparison tool on our website allows you to compare our prices with the online marketplace and choose the purchase option that best meets your needs. Purchases may be made using cash, check, credit card, or, when available, Financial Aid. We also sell school supplies, Coker apparel, school spirit items, gifts, souvenirs, and drinks/snacks. The campus store is located on the bottom floor of the Student Union Building. You may visit our website: www.bookstore.coker.edu. Follow the Coker Bookstore on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to find out about events, sales, and other special offers.
- Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities: The Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities (OSRR) commits itself to providing a fair and engaging process for the resolution of alleged Code of Student Conduct violations. The OSRR aims to cultivate a safe and secure environment in which all students can succeed and grow as engaged community members. We promote responsibility and encourage honesty, integrity and respect among Coker students. Ultimately, we promote intentional education, behavioral standards and fair processes. For more information and to access the Coker University Student Handbook, click here.