International students have always been welcomed at Coker and many of our faculty, staff and students have studied, traveled and lived around the world.
International applicants should have completed (or be in the process of completing) a traditional college preparatory course of study equivalent to the requirements of a U.S. high school diploma. International applicants are required to take the SAT, ACT and TOEFL exam. All athletes are required to take the SAT and/or ACT. All transcripts must be official documents and must be translated in English.
Coker requires a completed and verified Foreign Student Certification of Finances Form. The U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement requires that international students provide proof that the family or sponsor can pay the expenses of attending college in the U.S.
- Completed Coker University Application
- Official Academic Records (if sending a college transcript, it must be evaluated by World Education Services)
- TOEFL and SAT Score
- A Certification of Finances Form indicating the exact amount due for the academic year will be emailed to students after acceptance.
- Immunization Record/Medical Profile
- I-20 Release Form
- Proof of Citizenship
- Athletic Forms (for athletes only)
- International Student Applicant Signature Page (PDF)
- Checklist of Requirements (PDF)
- Explanation of Requirements (PDF)
All correspondence should be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
International Admissions Counselor
300 E. College Ave.
Hartsville, SC 29550 USA
Applicants are typically notified of their status within three weeks after all of the above information has been received at Coker; however, a decision may be delayed pending the receipt of more information.