YOU’LL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOUR GRADUATION DAY
Commencement is an important milestone in your life. Your graduation day will be full of memories that you’ll cherish for years to come. We want you and your loved ones to fully enjoy each moment, and have a great experience throughout the event.
Check this page regularly for updates about upcoming ceremonies, purchasing professional photographs and video, and sharing the good news of your graduation!
Please note, master’s degree graduates have a commencement ceremony that is separate from undergraduate commencement. Please see details below.
UNDERGRADUATE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
SATURDAY, May 9, 2020 | 8:00 AM
THE COURTYARD AT DAVIDSON HALL
Rehearsal will be held on Friday, May 8 at 2:00 PM at the courtyard at Davidson Hall. All students walking in the commencement ceremony on Saturday are required to attend rehearsal.
On Saturday morning, all graduates should arrive for check-in by 7:00 AM in the Watson Theater in the Elizabeth Boatwright Coker Performing Arts Center.
We hope our graduates’ family and friends will join us in celebrating their accomplishments on graduation day! No tickets are required. The ceremony will be live-streamed for those who are unable to attend.
GRADUATE COMMENCEMENT &
FRIDAY, May 8, 2020 | 6:00 P.M.
WATSON THEATER IN THE ELIZABETH BOATWRIGHT COKER PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
For master’s degree students who complete their degree requirements between January and May 2020. Master’s degree students should not attend the undergraduate ceremony.
|4:30 p.m.||Mandatory check-in and rehearsal in the Watson Theater. Please come to rehearsal dressed and ready for commencement.|
|5:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.||Commencement Social. Please join us in the Stein Gallery for refreshments.|
|6:00 p.m.||Graduate Commencement and Hooding Ceremony. Tickets are not required.|
Resources for graduates, friends and family:
Campus Map – The parking lot closest to the Elizabeth Boatwright Coker Performing Arts Center is the large parking lot across from Coker’s library and is accessible just inside the main campus gates at the intersection of College Avenue and 4th Street.
Coker University Store
The ceremony will be live-streamed for family and friends who are unable to attend.
- Keep appropriate business casual dress in mind when you’re getting ready. Suggested attire for women includes: dress, blouse and skirt, or blouse and pants. Suggested attire for men includes: dress shirt, long pants, and dress shoes. Please avoid wearing jeans, casual t-shirts, tennis shoes, flip flops, or casual shorts.
- Be sure you can walk easily in your shoes! And watch your step—we don’t want any trips or slips!
- Silence your phone before the ceremony begins. Your ringtone is awesome—but nobody wants to hear it during Pomp and Circumstance.
- Once you have taken your seat, you will need to remain seated until the end of the ceremony (except when you’re crossing the stage, of course)! Be sure to take bathroom breaks or make band-aid runs to the first aid station before we start!
- Stay with us for all of commencement. Please don’t walk out during your fellow graduates’ special moment. Stick around and share some #CokerPride!
- Professional photography will be taken of each graduate during the ceremony. These images will be available for purchase at cokercollege.smugmug.com, beginning a few days after commencement.
- Diplomas will be available for pickup immediately following the ceremony, in the Watson Theater. If you do not pick up your diploma at that time, it will be mailed to your last known address on file in the Office of Academic Records.
- ENJOY your moment and your special day! You’ve earned it!
Congratulations! We are so proud of you, and look forward to hearing about your future success!
You may be interested in obtaining some of the images captured by our professional photographer during commencement day. Feel free to browse our photo galleries and order any photographs that may interest you.