YOU’LL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOUR GRADUATION DAY
Commencement is an important milestone in your life. Your graduation day will be full of memories that you’ll cherish for years to come. We want you and your loved ones to fully enjoy each moment, and have a great experience throughout the event.
Check this page regularly for updates about upcoming ceremonies, purchasing professional photographs and video, and sharing the good news of your graduation! Further information for students preparing to graduate is available in the “Student Information” tab at right.
UNDERGRADUATE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
SATURDAY, MAY 15, 2018 | 8:00 A.M.
DAVIDSON HALL LAWN
For undergraduate students who complete their degree requirements in May Interim, June, July, August, September, October, or December
Rehearsal will be held on Friday, December 14 at 5:30 p.m. in the DeLoach Center. All students walking in the commencement ceremony on Saturday are required to attend rehearsal.
On Saturday morning, all graduates should arrive for check-in by 7:00 a.m.
We hope our graduates’ family and friends will join us in celebrating their accomplishments on graduation day! No tickets are required. The ceremony will be live-streamed for those who are unable to attend.
GRADUATE HOODING & COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
FRIDAY, May 10, 2019 | 6:00 P.M.
WATSON THEATER IN THE ELIZABETH BOATWRIGHT COKER PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
For master’s degree students who complete their degree requirements in Summer Term 1, Fall Term 2, Fall Term 3, Fall Term 4, or Summer Term 8. Master’s Degree student should not attend the Undergraduate Ceremony.
Graduates should arrive by 4:00 p.m. for rehearsal.
The ceremony will be live-streamed for family and friends who are unable to attend.
MAY 11, 2019 | 8:00 A.M.
COURTYARD AT DAVIDSON HALL
For undergraduate students who complete their degree requirements in J-Term, February, March, or May
- Keep appropriate business casual dress in mind when you’re getting ready. Suggested attire for women includes: dress, blouse and skirt, or blouse and pants. Suggested attire for men includes: dress shirt, long pants, and dress shoes. Please avoid wearing jeans, casual t-shirts, tennis shoes, flip flops, or casual shorts.
- Be sure you can walk easily in your shoes! And watch your step—we don’t want any trips or slips!
- Silence your phone before the ceremony begins. Your ringtone is awesome—but nobody wants to hear it during Pomp and Circumstance.
- Once you have taken your seat, you will need to remain seated until the end of the ceremony (except when you’re crossing the stage, of course)! Be sure to take bathroom breaks or make band-aid runs to the first aid station before we start!
- Stay with us for all of commencement. Please don’t walk out during your fellow graduates’ special moment. Stick around and share some #CokerPride!
- Professional photography will be taken of each graduate during the ceremony. These images will be available for purchase at cokercollege.smugmug.com, beginning a few days after commencement.
- Diplomas will be available for pickup immediately following the ceremony, in the Watson Theater. If you do not pick up your diploma at that time, it will be mailed to your last known address on file in the Office of Academic Records.
- ENJOY your moment and your special day! You’ve earned it!
Congratulations! We are so proud of you, and look forward to hearing about your future success!
You may be interested in obtaining some of the images captured by our professional photographer during commencement day. Feel free to browse our photo galleries and order any photographs that may interest you.
We also welcome you to submit news of your recent graduation to your local paper. To do so, please visit the link below and click on the download arrow in the upper right corner. This will download a Microsoft Word document with a press release template. Simply customize the template with your correct information, save the file, and send it to your hometown newspaper.
(You can usually find the appropriate contact information by visiting your local publication’s website, where an email address for their general newsroom should be listed under “Contact Us” or a similar page.)