Associate Professor of English; Coordinator of First-Year Writing; Coordinator of the English Education Concentration
- Ph.D., Temple University
- M.A., DePaul University
- B.F.A., New York University
“What brought me to Coker was the opportunity to teach, advise, and mentor undergraduate students. Our small classes allow me to give each student the support he or she needs to become a confident writer, a thoughtful reader, and an intellectually curious adult.”
- Children’s Literature and Folklore
- Young Adult Literature
- English Methods
- World Literature
- “Vegas Baby! English Education in the Twenty-First Century.” Student Co-presenters: Melanie McGrath and Dana Griffin. Coker Celebration of Academics, Coker University, 2013.
- The Hunger Games: Panel Discussion. Student Co-presenters: Ivy Aldrich and Melissa Berry. Coker Celebration of Academics, Coker University, 2012.
- Honors Project by Ivy Aldrich: “Idealism or Imperfection? The Representation of Women in Four Gothic Novels”
- “Beyond Sensation: The Hunger Games and Dystopian Critique.” ALAN Review (Winter 2014): 15-24.
- Book Review. Constructing Girlhood through the Periodical Press, 1850-1915 by Kristine Moruzi. English Literature in Transition, 1880-1920 57.1 (2014) 138-42.
- Book Review. Portraits of the Artist as a Young Woman: Painting and the Novel in France and Britain, 1800-1860 by Alexandra K. Wettlaufer. Women’s Writing 20.3 (2013) 413-15.
- “Illustration.” The Encyclopedia of the Novel. Gen. Ed. Peter Melville Logan. Blackwell Publishing, UK, 2011.
- Book Review. The Woman Painter in Victorian Literature by Antonia Losano. The Journal of Pre-Raphaelite Studies. n.s. 19.2 (2010): 105-08.