Horry-Georgetown Technical College (HGTC)
Earn your bachelor’s degree online from Coker University.
Coker offers HGTC business administration graduates a simplified application process, seamless transfer of credits, and an annual $2,000 scholarship.
HGTC Bridge Program Degrees
How Will this Work?
How Long Will it Take to Earn my Bachelor’s Degree?
Will my HGTC Credits Transfer to Coker?
How Much Will It Cost?
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Submit Your Application
Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Available to HGTC business administration graduates
Bachelor of Science in Criminology
- Available to HGTC criminal justice graduates
Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Available to HGTC human services graduates
- All classes will be online – The business management degree is available 100% online, so you can study from anywhere.
- 8-week terms – You’ll complete six (6) credit hours per eight-week term (a full-time schedule for financial aid purposes).
- 2 classes each term – Each term you’ll complete one course pertaining to your major (business management) and one general education course.
- You will have support – You’ll be part of a cohort, meaning you’ll be with the same group of students as you work together toward your bachelor’s degree. In addition, you’ll have Coker’s supportive faculty, staff, and resources to help you along the way.
If students are able to complete two classes each 8-week term (including a summer term), they could earn their bachelor’s degree in just two years.
Yes! Learn more about transferring credits into your Coker bachelor’s degree program by checking out our comprehensive transfer guide.
- Annual $2,000 Online Advantage Scholarship for HGTC associate degree graduates (for up to three years)
- Federal Pell Grant available to those who qualify
- SC Tuition Grant offered annually to students who begin in August (Term 1) and complete their FAFSA no later than June 30
- Subsidized and unsubsidized loans available to those who qualify
Every student is assigned a student success coach to guide you through your Coker experience. This specially-trained staff member will work with you to overcome any obstacles that may arise, and serves as a main point of contact when you need to talk to somebody at the college.
Once you enroll, your student success coach will send an academic plan outlining all the courses you need to graduate. Each term, they will register you for classes. They are your one-stop-shop to get all your questions answered and can help you with any of the following:
- Time management and study skills
- Use of Blackboard for online classes
- How to connect with academic support services (writing and math assistance as well as tutoring in other subjects) and campus resources
- Career coaching