Student Support Services
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) program is a Title IV federally funded grant provided by the U. S. Department of Education. Our mission is to equip traditionally underrepresented students who meet our eligibility requirements with the education, skills, resources, and support they need to successfully complete a baccalaureate degree at Coker University. Upon completion of baccalaureate degrees, students are encouraged and provided assistance in pursuing graduate studies and/or career goals. Services are provided to students free of charge through the grant.
Students must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident, demonstrate academic need, and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be a currently enrolled first-generational college student,
- You must demonstrate financial need (per Federal guidelines) and/or,
- You must have a documented physical, psychological, or learning disability
How do I join Student Support Services?
Students must complete an online TRIO SSS APPLICATION to be considered for Student Support Services.
- The entire application packet must be completed.
- Sign application on all required pages.
If student needs alternate forms of the application, please request here.
Once all application materials are received, candidates will be contacted for an interview.
TRIO Student Support Services ApplicationClick this link for the TRIO Student Support Services Application
Frequently Asked Questions
add remove What services does Student Support Services provide?
TRIO Student Support Services offer a variety of support services to qualified students
at no cost. Students are strongly encouraged to take advantage of these services, such
Ensure SSS students meet course requirements to complete programs in a timely manner.
Academic Development Workshops
Offers an array of workshops covering topics on study skills, time management, test-taking strategies, finances, and much more.
Provides accessibility to one-on-one or group tutoring in various subjects.
Provides academic, personal, financial, and career counseling.
Assists students with financial aid information
Provides career planning sessions with students.
Cultural Enrichment Activities
Provides cultural enrichment activities/events.
Provides opportunities to visit graduate schools.
add remove What are Student Support Services’ goals?
The goal of the SSS program is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its students and help students make the transition from one level of higher education to the next.
- To promote positive self-image in students.
- To promote academic achievement.
- To encourage career exploration.
- To identify immediate and long-term academic, career, and personal goals.
- To provide activities and sessions which promote academic, personal and social development.
- To increase the number of Coker University students who remain in college.
- To increase the number of Coker University students who graduate each year.
- To increase the number of Coker University students who attend graduate school.
If you have any questions, please contact TRIOSSS@coker.edu.
Mar 16, 2023
Inaugural District Robotics Event to be held at Coker University
FIRST South Carolina will host the inaugural Peachtree Hartsville District Event at the Coker University Deloac…
Feb 13, 2023
Coker University to host Donning of the Kente
Friday, February 17, 2023 – Coker University’s Black Alumni Network (CBAN) will present Kente stoles to gradu…