What is TRIo?
AM I eligible?
Students must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident, demonstrate academic need, and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be a currently enrolled first-generational college student
- You must demonstrate financial need (per federal guidelines)
- You must have a documented physical, psychological, or learning disability
I want to join!
Students must complete an online TRIO SSS Application to be considered for Student Support Services.
- The entire application packet must be completed.
- Sign application on all required pages.
If student needs alternate forms of the application, please request via our email.
Meet our staff
Adell M. McCoy
Director of TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO Student Support Services Counselor
TRIO Student Support Services offer a variety of support services to qualified students at no cost. Students are strongly encouraged to take advantage of these services, such as:
The goal of the SSS program is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its students and help students make the transition from one level of higher education to the next.
- To promote positive self-image in students.
- To promote academic achievement.
- To encourage career exploration.
- To identify immediate and long-term academic, career, and personal goals.
- To provide activities and sessions which promote academic, personal and social development.
- To increase the number of Coker University students who remain in college.
- To increase the number of Coker University students who graduate each year.
- To increase the number of Coker University students who attend graduate school.
If you have any questions, please contact TRIOSSS@coker.edu.