This pre-college program, which serves than 100 TRIO-eligible high school student in Darlington, Dillon, and Marion Counties, provides access to academic support, after-school and weekend activities, a summer residential program and college placement services.
We service students in eligible schools in Darlington, Dillon, and Marion County. Requirements are based on family income, parents’ education levels and a student’s desire to pursue post-secondary education.
Upward Bound Programs and Sessions
Students participate in sessions throughout the months during the school year, and participate in a six-week residential program at Coker University in the summer. Tutors and Mentors are available year-round to help strengthen students’ skills in specific subject areas.
During the School Year
Upward Bound holds a number of sessions each month during the academic year, which includes:
- Academic workshops geared toward strengthening students’ abilities.
- Various college and community activities.
- Cultural activities.
- College admissions counseling, including assistance with completing financial aid and college admissions applications.
Summer Residency Program
During the summer, students who participated during the school year will be invited to live on the Coker’s campus for six weeks and become involved in a variety of activities, including:
- Academic enrichment classes.
- University level course for seniors to help prepare them for the transition to college.
- Work-study activities that introduce students to various professions.
- Group activities to help strengthen team building and interpersonal skills.
Access the policies and procedures for the Upward Bound Summer Program.
We’re here to support you.
If you have questions, we’re more than happy to help. If you are a college-bound student currently within the four target schools, please reach out to us via email at email@example.com or call us at (843) 857-4198
Contact TRIO Programs
College-Bound Student Programs Office (Upward Bound)
300 E College Ave.
2nd Floor of Student Center
Hartsville, SC 29550
Phone: (843) 857-4198
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.