- B.A., University of South Carolina
- M.Ed., University of South Carolina
- Ph.D., University of South Carolina
Areas of Expertise
My research focuses on culturally responsive pedagogy, English language learners, reading and writing workshop, and rural education.
Publications, Awards & Honors
- Stockdale, E. S.(2015). “Tal Vez Sueña De Estas Cosas/ Maybe He Dreams Of These Things:” Envisioning Possibilities for Multilingual Learners in the Culturally Responsive Rural Classroom.(Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from https://scholarcommons.sc.edu/
- Stockdale, L.S. (2016, May). [Review of the book Supporting English learners in the reading workshop by L. Moses]. Language Arts, 93 (5), 387-388.
- Burton, M., & Stockdale, L. (2015). Rural schools. In G. Scarlett (Ed.) Invitation to Classroom Management: An A-to-Z Guide. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
- Garcia, A., Freeman, D., Freeman, Y., & Stockdale, L. (2014). Professional resources: Teaching in diverse classrooms. Talking Points , 26 (1), 1-3. Retrieved from http://www.ncte.org/library/
NCTEFiles/Resources/Journals/. TP/0261-oct2014/ TP0261Timeline.pdf
- Stockdale, L. (2014, September). [Review of the book Critical literacy in the early childhood classroom: Unpacking histories, unlearning privilege by Candace R. Kuby]. Language Arts, 92(1), 61-62.
- Stockdale, L. (2010, September). Take Action! The Reading Teacher, 64(1), 43. doi: 10.1002/TRTR.01043
What do you find most exciting about working with the Coker community?
After 32 years of teaching at the kindergarten through 5th grade level, coming to Coker to teach prospective educators was a natural progression for me. Teaching at the college level allows me to continue to positively impact early childhood and elementary classrooms as our graduates take the knowledge that they have learned to their own students across the state and elsewhere. Working at Coker truly is a dream come true for me!