- M.Ed., Lesley University
- Ph.D., University of Virginia
- M.A., University of Virginia
- B.A., Wheaton College
“I wanted to work at a college where teaching and interacting with students were valued, and I wanted to live in the South. I enjoy my colleagues and living in Hartsville. I enjoy getting to know students inside and outside of the classroom. I am happy that alumni keep in touch through social media. I care about helping people achieve their goals, and I love learning more about educational technology and incorporating it into my classes.”
Currently working on an M.Ed. in Educational Technology with a Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning
- Recipient of 2016 Excellence in Teaching Award from S.C. Independent Colleges and Universities
- “Christ the Wife-Mother in El Cristo de Velázquez.” Romance Notes XL.2 (2000): 187-196.
- “La salvación en Abel Sánchez a través del Diario íntimo de Miguel de Unamuno.” Romance Notes, Fall 1993.
- “Un vuelo con Iberia: Living the Language Through a Classroom `Flight’”. Hispania 73 (1990): 1134-1136.
What do you find most exciting about working with the Coker community?
I greatly appreciate the deep commitment to student success shared by faculty and staff. We work together to find solutions to problems and strive constantly to advance our Coker community. We care.
What is your favorite thing about Coker and/or Hartsville?
I love living in a town where I can get to know people in a deeper way because I interact with them in a variety of settings. I love the strong commitment to civic engagement exhibited by many residents of Hartsville.
What advice do you have for Coker students, or future students who are considering Coker?
Come for a visit and see us for yourself.
You won’t be disappointed!