Earn your bachelor’s degree in psychology online from Coker College.
If you’re interested in people, human nature, or the complex questions surrounding behavior, Coker’s online psychology degree can open up a world of opportunity.
As a member of Coker’s digital learning community, you will learn to think critically about the world around you. You’ll learn about human behavior, research, observation, and scientific analysis. And most importantly, you’ll be supported by accessible faculty, fellow classmates who share your experience, and a student success coach to help you navigate your online college experience.
- Why study psychology?
- How will this work?
- How much will it cost?
- Financial aid & scholarships
- Submit your application
- Request Info
A bachelor’s degree in psychology prepares you to contribute in a variety of fields. After all, the whole point of psychology is to understand the factors behind people’s actions, thoughts, and beliefs. As you might imagine, that’s a useful skillset in any industry!
You’ll find people with psychology degrees working in areas like education, consulting, healthcare, research and development, just to name a few. Some students choose to further their education by attending graduate school, and pursuing careers as professional and/or clinical psychologists.
- All classes will be online – The psychology degree is available 100% online, so you can study from anywhere.
- 8-week terms – You’ll complete six (6) credit hours per eight-week term (a full-time schedule for financial aid purposes).
- 2 classes each term – Each term you’ll complete one course pertaining to your major (psychology) and one general education course.
- You will have support – You’ll be part of a cohort, meaning you’ll be with the same group of students as you work together toward your bachelor’s degree. In addition, you’ll have Coker’s supportive faculty, staff, and resources to help you along the way, including your very own student success coach to help you navigate your online college experience.
$425 per credit hour. Typically students take 30 credits per year, or $12,750 annually.
- Financial aid available
- Federal Pell Grant available to those who qualify
- SC Tuition Grant offered annually to students who begin in August (Term 1) and complete their FAFSA no later than June 30
- Subsidized and unsubsidized loans available to those who qualify
Every student is assigned a student success coach to guide you through your Coker experience. This specially-trained staff member will work with you to overcome any obstacles that may arise, and serves as a main point of contact when you need to talk to somebody at the college.
Once you enroll, your student success coach will send an academic plan outlining all the courses you need to graduate. Each term, they will register you for classes. They are your one-stop-shop to get all your questions answered and can help you with any of the following:
- Time management and study skills
- Use of Blackboard for online classes
- How to connect with academic support services (writing and math assistance as well as tutoring in other subjects) and campus resources
- Career coaching