The Office of Academic Records is part of the Student Solution Center located on the second floor of the Student Center on the main campus of Coker College. The Office of Academic Records in cooperation with and under the direction of the Provost, provides Coker with services related to: enrollment, registration, graduation; implementation and monitoring of academic and administrative policies related to the catalog and academic records; the creation, maintenance and distribution of academic records for current and former students; the development and distribution of course-related information; classroom management; and state and federal reporting.

Transfer Credit

When a student has completed the application for transfer to Coker, the Office of Academic Records will evaluate all transfer credits completed with a grade of C- or better from an accredited institution. Students who have attended community colleges or technical colleges may transfer up to a maximum of 76 semester hours.  

Regardless of the number of credits transferred in a single discipline of study, each major requires a minimum number of semester hours must be earned at Coker in the intended major (not including student teaching if an education major). The student must also have at least 30 semester hours of credit in upper-level (300 or 400) courses.  

No time limit is set for the acceptability of credit; rather acceptability is based upon an evaluation by the Office of Academic Affairs in consultation with the chairperson of the student’s major department or school dean.

Regardless of the number of hours transferred to Coker, each student must satisfy the degree requirements as stated in the Academic Programs and Course Offerings sections of this catalog.

Demonstrated ability may be the basis of exemption from a requirement within the major with the written permission of the major professor and approval of the Office of Academic Affairs. Exemptions will be noted on the student’s academic evaluation and permanent record, but no hours will be awarded.  

Courses from Other Institutions (Transient)

Coker students may request permission to take courses at another institution when they are not actively enrolled in courses at Coker, such as during summer breaks or while on official Leave of Absence from the College. Prior to enrolling in any course for which the student wishes to receive transfer credit, he or she must submit the Request to Take Courses Elsewhere form for approval. Students must provide a catalog description for each intended course, and must receive approval by the appropriate academic department chair and the Office of Academic Affairs. Approval will usually be based on the following guidelines:

  • Student will not be concurrently enrolled in courses at Coker College.

  • Student can demonstrate that denial of his or her request will severely compromise the student’s ability to fulfill degree requirements or meet other obligations to the College.

  • Student is not in his or her last 30 semester hours of coursework.

  • Course format is deemed appropriate, by the department chair, for course content.

Upon completion of coursework the student is responsible for having an official transcript sent to the Office of Academic Records in order to receive credit. Credit will only be awarded for courses in which the student earns a grade of C- or better.

Contact Information:
Office of Academic Records
Student Solution Center

Facebook: @CokerCollege’sOAR
Twitter: @CokerCollegeOAR