Coker University is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
The Athletic Department at Coker University invites applicants to apply for the position of Graduate Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach. This position is responsible for all aspects of an NCAA Division II women’s lacrosse program at Coker University. Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Recruitment of student athletes that are successful in the classroom as well as on the field.
- Assisting with study halls.
- Assist with the administering of camps and clinics.
- Assist with conditioning student-athletes for maximum performance.
- Meet management and preparation.
- Assisting with travel to away contests.
The ideal candidate is competitive with strong leadership capability and has the ability to motivate and persuade others in a positive direction. The incumbent is well organized, works efficiently and is successful with time management. The ideal candidate is also dedicated to developing meaningful, collegial working relationships with students, faculty, and staff across campus; and has the ability to work collaboratively, be flexible and compromise in order to move forward as a team. Excellent communications and public relations abilities are a must. Strong typing and computer application skills, ability to courteously assist and support others and the ability to operate mobile devices, telephone, PC, copier, and other basic business machines is required.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and admission into the MSCAA program is required. Experience as a intercollegiate Lacrosse Player and or coach, a valid driver’s license with clean driving record, and knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations are required. AED/CPR certification prior to employment is also required.
This is a 10-month position reporting to the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION: Collaborative Pianist/Accompanist (Multiple Vacancies)
STATUS: Part-Time, dependent upon availability. Roughly 6–10 hours per week, variable.
SUMMARY: The Coker University School of Visual & Performing Arts is seeking multiple qualified applicants for part-time Collaborative Pianist/Accompanist vacancies beginning August, 2019. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
COMPENSATION: $30/hr. An additional stipend is available if commuting more than 25 miles
The various responsibilities of the pianists include:
- Accompany the Coker Singers, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30–3:45 p.m.
- Accompany the Coker Cantilena, Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:00–12:50 p.m.
- Accompany applied lesson(s)
- Rehearse with students privately outside of applied lesson times, based upon level of applied lessons in which students are enrolled
- Accompany weekly studio classes Mondays from 3:30–4:30 p.m. if assigned student(s) are scheduled to sing
- Accompany assigned student(s) in Student Musical Recital, XX at 7:30 p.m.
- Accompany assigned student(s) in junior or senior voice recital (if applicable)
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Accompanying dance courses such as ballet, contingent upon availability and experience of applicant
- Collaborate with music faculty for additional performance projects
- Experience in ensemble and studio voice accompanying
- Ability to work well with an ensemble conductor
- Ability to sight read
- Willingness to assist ensemble directors with rehearsal leadership, i.e. sectional rehearsals
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Bachelor’s degree in music or equivalent field experience
- Master’s degree in music
- Two or more years of experience as an ensemble and/or studio voice collaborative pianist
- Ability to read open score (from four-part choral octavo)
To apply, please send résumé and if possible an audio or video recording sample to email@example.com. Review of application materials will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
Coker University is now accepting applications in the Department of Athletics for the position of Graduate Assistant for Sports Information, there are two positions. Coker University, an NCAA Division II institution located in Hartsville, S.C., is a member of the South Atlantic Conference and maintains 24 men’s and women’s intercollegiate sports. This is a 10-month position that will interact within the athletic department.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate(s) will report to the Director of Athletics Media Relations an and will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of promoting Coker’s 24 NCAA Division II Athletic teams. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary contact for selected sports
- Write post-game press releases
- Keep statistics
- Create game programs and publications
- Assist in updating athletic website
- Assist in submitting nominations for athletic awards
- Assist in graphics development
- Help manage Coker Athletics Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
- Assist in video production
- Keep regular office hours
- All other tasks as assigned
Qualifications: Bachelors degree is required with major in journalism, communications, public relations or related field preferred. Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent computer skills required. At least one year of experience in an athletics media relations office is also preferred. Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Stat Crew programs is essential. Familiarity with broadcasting, website content management systems, and video editing is preferred.
Application Process: Must be admissible to Coker University’s Master’s of Science in College Athletic Administration Program. Compensation includes a stipend and tuition waiver. Student is responsible for any fees. Position is renewable (pending Athletics approval) for a second year. Position(s) begins August 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until position is filled. Please email resume, cover letter, and writing samples to Jake Miller, Director of Athletics Media Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible for supervising student-centered processing of financial aid functions within the Office of Student Financial Services, including verification, application completion, study abroad, work study, online student services, and academic progress reviews; provides leadership and process guidance to staff. Reports to the Director of Student Financial Services.
Description of Duties
- Assists with training and providing work direction and guidance to assigned staff; assists in reviewing and monitoring the work of staff to ensure compliance and accuracy with all federal and state policies and regulations
- Resolves and/or assists in the resolution of problems and/or complaints and initiates corrective action as appropriate
- Acts as liaison with other offices and constituents, both on and off campus, to help determine and resolve matters pertaining to the students’ enrollment, accounts, and academic concerns which may affect eligibility for financial aid
- Verifies documents and maintains student generated information used to determine eligibility for financial aid awards using the Datatel Colleague system
- Conducts need analysis and determines individual student eligibility for various aid programs
- Advises students regarding academic and career objectives in relation to financial aid; reviews student status to determine continuance or increase/decrease of financial aid
- Exercises considerable professional judgement in reviewing and approving/disapproving requests of aid amounts based on special circumstances such as a loss of income or extraordinary living expenses
- Supervises office work-study employees
- Coordinates with staff for the ongoing operation of the Office of Student Financial Services as needed
- Assists in the administration of the College’s efforts to assure compliance with the Federal regulations and audit requirements as specified by the U.S. Department of Education and the State of SC
- Serves on college committees as required or assigned, and serves as chair of the Financial Aid Appeals Committee
- Supports institutional goals and objectives
- Supports institutional policies, rules and regulations
- Demonstrates adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork
- Performs all duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in financial aid, student services, or a related field (counseling, compliance, or computer systems); Master’s preferred.
To apply, please complete the Coker College Employment Application 2019 and send a cover letter, resume, copies of transcripts (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate), and three current letters of recommendation to email@example.com.
Coker University invites applicants for the position of Admissions Counselor/Territory Manager.
Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment the Admissions Counselor/Territory Manager is responsible for effectively representing Coker University to prospective students in order to achieve assigned enrollment goals for a geographical territory.
Description of Duties:
- Manages a recruitment territory in an assigned geographic area as a member of a team of recruiters responsible for achieving Day enrollment goals.
- Plans travel schedule, visits high schools and represents the university at college day/night programs.
- Understands social media and able to utilize in communicating with prospective students.
- Builds relationships with prospective students and families through phone calls, emails and meetings during on-campus visits.
- Gives presentations about the university in group and individual settings.
- Conducts interviews with applicants and makes recommendations to the Admission Committee.
- Manages projects to aid in recruitment efforts in coordination with faculty, alumni and staff in departments outside admission.
- Assist prospective students with scheduling visits to Coker.
- Conduct on and off campus interviews with prospective students and parents.
- Posses strong organization, planning and time-management skills, and be able to prioritize and multitask.
- Communicate to students, parents and guidance counselors the value and benefits of a Coker University education.
- Effectively represents Coker College to prospective students to achieve assigned enrollment objectives for an assigned territory by building ongoing professional and institutional relationships with prospective students and those who influence their college selection decision.
- Personalizes contact with each student, conduct tele-recruiting activities, coordinate visit schedules and prioritize contact according to recruitment plan.
- Conducts appropriate research regarding target schools to develop relationships with, input student tracking information, and evaluate applications for admission decisions.
- Attends and assists in planning and promoting on and off campus recruitment events and contribute toward team achievement of office-wide enrollment management objectives.
- Represents Coker at high schools and college fairs.
- Assists families with understanding the financial aid application process and working with the Financial Aid Office to develop personalized award letters and financial estimates.
- Plans and coordinates special projects that are a part of the overall recruitment plan
A bachelor’s degree is required. A proven track record of success in achieving goals in admissions, marketing, or sales related areas; strong organizational, planning and time-management skills; ability to prioritize and multitask; familiarity with on-line and web based technology; excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends; exceptional interpersonal skills; able to work independently within a team management structure; ability to lift 20 pounds; a valid driver’s license; and the ability to travel and work some evenings and weekends.
Compensation includes a competitive salary and excellent benefits package with health insurance, retirement, life insurance, vacation and sick leave. The position will be filled as soon as possible and will remain open until filled
Interested candidates should send a letter of application, resume, salary requirements, and list of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the Coker University Employment Application .
The Athletic Department at Coker University invites applicants to apply for the position of Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach. This position is responsible for administering, managing, and leading an NCAA Division II lacrosse program in such a manner as to build and maintain a competitive, quality program that reflects positively on the image and reputation of Coker University.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Regionally and nationally recruit student-athletes that are successful in the classroom, on the campus, as well as on the course.
- Administer all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division II program, to include: developing the game and practice schedule, organizing and conducting team practices, hiring of a graduate assistant coach, managing the day to day operations of the program.
- Maintain a high level of contact with and communicate comfortably and effectively with administrators, faculty, staff, student-athletes, parents, alumni and donors. Participate in and support department and program fundraising, promotional and public relations events, campus and community outreach, and service projects.
- Provide each student-athlete with the resources and leadership to develop to their full potential in the classroom, on the field, within the community, and prepare them for successful careers after graduation.
- Knowing and abiding by all NCAA, South Atlantic Conference, and university rules and regulations.
The ideal candidate is competitive with strong leadership capability and has the ability to motivate and persuade others in a positive direction. The incumbent is well organized, works efficiently and is successful with time management. Excellent communications and public relations abilities are a must.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required, graduate degree is preferred. Three to five years of coaching and recruiting experience in intercollegiate lacrosse . Must be AED/CPR certified.
This is a 12-month position reporting to the Vice President for Athletics. Please send cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com.
Coker University readies undergraduates for personal and professional success through a distinctive four-year program that emphasizes a practical application of the liberal arts as well as hands-on and discussion-based learning within and beyond the classroom. Coker is ranked among the “Best Colleges” in the South by U.S. News & World Report as well as The Princeton Review. Located in Hartsville, Coker is within two hours of the cultural, financial and recreational resources of Charlotte, Columbia, Charleston and Myrtle Beach.
Coker University, in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, including Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, veterans or military status, or against individuals with disabilities, or other legally protected classifications in the areas of employment, admission, financial aid or access to educational or extracurricular programs, activities or facilities.