The Coker Pledge
It will take every member of the Coker community to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
The university is asking our faculty, staff, and students to sign and submit the pledge below, and to honor it during the 2020-2021 academic year.
The Coker Pledge
As a member of the Coker University community, I pledge to do my part to protect the health and safety of our campus and greater Hartsville community. I understand that my actions play a critical role in reducing the spread of COVID-19. I pledge to be responsible, considerate, and accountable for my actions on campus and within the community. I will conduct myself with Coker’s six pillars in mind––integrity, respect, scholarship, sustainability, service, and contribution.
I pledge to:
- Monitor my health closely for potential symptoms and to avoid social situations, including classes, if I feel sick; and if I am experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, which can include shortness of breath, coughing and/or fever of 100.4°F or greater, fatigue, muscle/body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea, if I am a student, I will contact the Coker COVID Hotline at 843-383-8018, and if I am a Coker employee, I will contact Ella Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow public health guidelines and abide by Coker University guidance and COVID-19 signage on reducing the spread of COVID-19
- Maintain good personal hygiene and wash my hands with soap and water frequently
- Maintain social distancing in all of my daily activities
- Wear a mask or cloth face covering covering your mouth and nose in university buildings, when outside on campus, and in situations when social distancing is not possible
- Honor occupancy limits in spaces, leave furniture in classrooms and dining areas as is to ensure proper social distancing, and be careful to protect myself and others when in situations where social distancing might not be possible
- Follow the university’s instructions for isolating myself if I test positive, am experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
By taking the Coker Pledge to do my part to protect the health and safety of Coker University and the greater Hartsville community, I accept responsibility for myself and my actions and will help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
For more information about Coker University’s response to COVID-19, please visit coker.edu/covid-19.