The purpose of the Health Services Office is to enable residential students to perform optimally by assessing and removing any health barriers to learning. The nurse is available to assess illness or injuries and provide basic treatment and/or referrals to a physician if necessary.

Hours: During the school year, the Health Services Office is open Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. From 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m., students can get physician referrals from Residence Life. After hours, students are encouraged to contact Campus Safety at 843-383-8140 or call 911 in an emergency.

During the summer, the Health Services Office is closed. However, students can contact if they have questions regarding medical forms.

Location: 1st floor of Coker Residence Hall, next to elevator

Contact: 843.383.8141;

Each residential student must have a Coker College Medical Profile completed and on file with the College Nurse prior to moving into the residence halls. The Medical Profile will ask questions pertaining to students’ medical history.

Medical Profile

All students living on campus at Coker College are required to meet the College’s Immunization Requirements by providing a copy of your immunization record to Health Services by August 1 if you are enrolling in the Fall and January 5 if you are enrolling in the Spring.

All Immunization records must be signed and verified by a physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, or stamped by the health care facility. Your immunization record must include the month, day and year vaccine was given. All immunization records must be submitted in English.

Acceptable records of your immunizations

  • Personal shot records that are verified by a doctor’s stamp or contain a health provider’s signature
  • Personal shot records with a clinic or health department stamp
  • Military Records or World Health Organization (WHO) documents
  • Previous college or university records that are verified (Please note that your immunization records do not transfer automatically, you must request a copy from your school)
  • Positive laboratory test as confirmation of immunity
  • Coker College provided form:Immunization Requirements (link will be updated soon!

Acceptable records of your immunizations

Coker College Health Services, 300 E. College Ave, Hartsville, SC 29550
Fax (843)383-8181
Attn: Coker College Nurse/ *Confidential*
Office (843) 383-8141

Required Immunizations

M.M.R. (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)

  • 2 doses required at least 28 days apart for students born 1957 or later and all health sciences students
  • Dose given at age 12 months or later
  • Dose given at least 28 days after first dose


  • Vaccination within the last ten years
  •  Residential students must provide proof of tetanus vaccine or sign the waiver/declination on the Medical Profile

Meningococcal vaccine

  • Residential students must provide proof of meningococcal vaccine or sign the waiver/declination on the Medical Profile

Tuberculin skin test (PPD)/ Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire

Recommended Immunizations

  • Hepatitis A (2 doses)
  • Hepatitis B (3 doses)
  • Varicella (chicken pox)-(2 doses)
  • Quadrivalent Human Papillomavirus Vaccine (HPV) (3 doses)
  • Influenza (flu)

Immunization Exemptions

If you are seeking an immunization exemptions for religious or medical reasons, please contact Coker College Residence Life Office at 843-383-8360 for the Immuization Exemptions form. Any medical contraindications should be documented by your religious leader or a health care provider. 

International Residential & Commuter Students (Freshmen, Transfers, & Returners)

Coker College provides access to health and medical services for our International students through local medical providers and our on-campus Health Services. Access to these physicians is made on a referral basis from the contracted nurse in Health Services. International students have access to Student Health Services during regular posted office hours. Staffed by a contracted nurse, students may visit for minor illness, referral to a physician contracted by the College to provide medical services to our students, some over-the-counter medications, and confidential and wellness related consultations. The contracted nurse is also available to help students navigate the sometimes complicated and very different charges for medical services and insurance payments.

All International students are covered under the Pioneer Elite Medical Plan offered through ACE American Insurance Company. This policy cannot be waived. International students age 29 and under are billed for 10 month coverage to their Coker College account. International students who are in the country longer than the 10 month academic year are responsible for their own insurance during this time. Please contact the Student Accounts Office for the current rate.  

International students cannot waive this insurance and are group enrolled by August.  Benefits are available in the office of Robin Richardson, International Student Advisor, on the 1st floor of the Library-Information Technology Center.

Who can use Coker Health Services?

Health Services is available to all residential students.

Do I have to have an appointment to see the nurse?

No appointment is needed to see the nurse but one can be made to ensure no waiting.

Do I have to pay to see the nurse?

The nurse is available to all residential students at no cost.

What if I need to see a doctor and I’m a long way from home?

Health Services contracts with several physicians that a student can be referred to if needed.

What can Health Services do for me?

Health Services can treat minor injuries as well as emergencies until 911 arrives. The office is equipped with first aid equipment and some OTC medications available at the student’s request. Once evaluated by the nurse, the nurse may refer the student out for more appropriate care.