· Spanish/English Dictionaries
· www.wordreference.com (will also check the Spanish Royal Academy Dictionary)
· Spanish/Spanish Dictionaries
· Tutorial (www.vokabel.com)
· AsíSeHace.net: interactive exercises for intermediate and advanced students
TODOELE.NET: "Todoele.net es un sitio creado por y para profesores de español como lengua extranjera. En él pretendemos recoger todo lo que pueda ser útil para el profesor de español."
PROFELAND: "Con este blog esperamos poder ayudar a los profesores en general, y a los de Español Lengua Extranjera en particular."
CINE CON CLASE: Spanish-language film clips for classroom use
· Personal description (physical and personality)
Español-Ingles site: many resources including dictionary and worksheets, tutorials, etc.
· online business Spanish lessons with audio cues; links to other resources
· information in Spanish on how to write a resume and cover letter with examples
Monetary Mania: a quiz about money created by the International Monetary Fund
Network of Business Language Educators (NOBLE): " This site compiles resources, news, and events to help educators prepare students with language and culture skills for the 21st century workplace."
SPANISH FOR PROFESSIONS
· Language Line Service: provides over the phone translation; featured in The Language Educator
· Workplace Spanish: publishes job-specific Spanish and English learning tools
· Command Spanish: provides occupational Spanish training
FEMA: preparing for a natural disaster in Spanish
· Medical, Nursing, Physical Therapists, Police, Corrections
· SpanishOnPatrol: “an online interactive Spanish training program for law enforcement, corrections, EMS, firefighters, and park rangers”
· AIDSinfo from National Institute of Health
ToxTown: "an interactive guide to environmental health and toxic substancesthat we may encounter in everyday life."
TIPS FOR LEARNING A LANGUAGE
· Verb Tutorial (explanations and practice exercises)
· TECLA: a monthly magazine written for Spanish-language learners
Codys Cuentos: "Cody, a mischievous, lovable puppy, serves as the mascot to this free, weekly Spanish language podcast. Each week, Cody and one of his human pals from Spain, Mexico or Argentina presents a well-told tale in Spanish from a professional storyteller who is a native Spanish speaker. Spanish-speaking and bilingual families everywhere can now introduce to their children classic fairytales of the Brothers Grimm , Hans Christian Andersen, Charles Perrault, among others."
· Student favorites
Reasons for language study/career information
Countries and culture
· Spanish MOSAIC: thematic units from Center for Applied Second Language Studies
· Lyrics training: listen to music videos and fill in the blanks
Yabla Spanish: video library from authentic sources (subscription-based)
Zambombazo: "Una variada oferta de actividades divertidas basadas en productos culturales auténticos (videoclips, canciones, tiras, noticieros, etc.) en las que se pretende aprender por descubrimiento sobre el idioma español y las culturas del mundo hispanohablante."
Spanish Reader: monthly articles from the Spanish Institute of Puebla
Latin American Network Information Center (LANIC): "LANIC's mission is to facilitate access to Internet-based information to, from, or on Latin America. Our target audience includes people living in Latin America, as well as those around the world who have an interest in this region. While many of our resources are designed to facilitate research and academic endeavors, our site has also become an important gateway to Latin America for primary and secondary school teachers and students, private and public sector professionals, and just about anyone looking for information about this important region."
· DAY of DEAD sites
· Professional journals information
Testing and assessment
· The Global Language Network: organization offering free immersion classes in Washington, DC in several languages
· Fluenz: offers assistance in native language